Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 40: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco, The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man On Earth, Fever to Tell by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, xx by the xx, Late Registration by Kanye West, The Suburbs by Arcade Fire, Brothers by The Black Keys, The College Dropout by Kanye West, Attention Deficit by Wale, The Blueprint III by Jay-Z, This is Happening by LCD Soundsystem












George Yameen invited me to appear on his webshow tonight, which means that I have to have something to present. Now, over the last 7 months, there's been a lot that has gone on, none of  which have been my blog. So, after almost half a year, George has brought me to this point and now I am going to begin my blog once more. 


Before I continue this post, I have to mention my boy Ryan, who I've mentioned before as one of the forces in my musical renaissance. Ryan once again has been able to infest my music choices, especially as we worked together in the summer camp and there's little else to do but to listen to music. But in addition to the amazing music that he has given to me, he has also been able to upload music that I cringe to listen to, including Young Jeezy. 


Nonetheless, you never know. There might be some gems in some of the albums. Like I said, it's been 7 months, and in 7 months, my music collection has increased and I've listened to tons of new music. However, I don't really want to go through my ITunes and check the last played over the span of 7 months. It's a lot. All those albums up there? I've probably listened to them over and over and over but not recently. And they are not the only albums I've listened to. 


The only real recent one that I've checked out is the last album, This Is Happening by LCD Soundsystem. Now, I don't want to say I have a hard on for LCD Soundsystem, but I have a hard on for LCD Soundsystem. There's a depth to their danceability, and even their funkiest songs can be really melancholic if you listen to their songs. 


But like I stated before, I don't want this to be a review site. All I'm gonna say is that I'm gonna go ahead and give this a go, and try to do it for good. So, let this be my reintroduction to the blog. Welcome back, all 8 readers. I've missed you. 


Peace and love, bruthas and sistas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment